January 20, 2010

Broccoli Pasta

This is my lunch for today.
My husband doesn't like broccoli but I like it very much. So I often cook it for myself at lunch.
It is easy, healthy and yummy! And pretty!

ingredients (serves 1)
1.5 cups of small cut broccoli
1 clove of garlic sliced
1 pinch of crushed red pepper
100g of your favorite pasta ( I chose 1.5 cup of Farfalle)
extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

directions
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the salt ( 1.3 tablespoons for 0.5 gal ). Put the pasta in the water and cook as long as the indicated.
Put 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, the garlic and the pepper in a sauce pan. Saute over low heat until the garlic becomes golden. Put 1 tablespoons of the boiling water in the pan and shake it until the sauce becomes milky.
Add the broccoli to the water 4minutes before the pasta is done. Use a timer and make sure the pasta is Al dente.
Drain the water off the pasta and broccoli. Put them to the sauce pan and stir well with crushing the broccoli lightly. Drizzle the olive oil to taste. Dish it up!











No comments:

Post a Comment